Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World theme parks attract millions to the Orlando, Florida area every year. We love the energy of the big parks, however we wonder if there are other fun and interesting things to do and see in “The City Beautiful.”
Should you travel to Central Florida area for the day, a weekend or longer, try visiting any of these 40 places to get a real taste of the real Orlando.
1. Ride out to see the Orlando Magic basketball game or see a concert in the new Amway Arena.
2. Shop at a bevy of premium outlet malls.
3. Visit the Morse Museum of American Art and marvel at the Tiffany glassworks.
4. Visit the beautiful scenic Lake Eola and feed the ducks and swans.
5. Drink, and dine upscale shops on Winter Park’s Park Avenue Historical District.
6. See a movie and get a nice meal at Plaza Cinema Café.
7. Experience the pontoon boat ride through Lake Osceola and gaze at lovely historic homes and natural Florida beauty on the Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour.
8. Visiingt the Mennello Museum of American Folk Art and admire paintings by artist Earl Cunningham.
9. Dine at TheRavenous Pig restaurant and ask for some “ugly ends.”
10. Paddle the swan boats around Lake Eola.
11. enjoy the 150,000-square-feet of shopping and fun, and a 7,000-gallon super aquarium by visiting Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World
12. See endangered amur leopards and other fascinating animals at the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens.
13. Shop and till you drop at the Mall at Millenia.
14. Explore like a scientist by visiting the Orlando Science Center- learn about the mysteries of outer space at the Crosby Observatory.
15. Forget the Diet and have a cupcake at Sweet! By Good Golly Miss Holly bakery, created by owner Hollis Wilder, a two-time winner of The Food Network’s Cupcake Wars.
16. Dress elegantly and take an i4 Orlando Mercedes Benz to visit the Bob Carr Theater.
17. Treat yourself a gourmet burger at Hamburger Mary’s on Historic Church Street.
18. Walk, jog, bike or roller blade around Lake Baldwin.
19. Hey sushi fans come try sushi nd other fine Japanese cuisine at Ichiban downtown.
20. Tour the picturesque Rollins College campus in Winter Park.
21. Bowl, dance, play video games and more at the Firkin & Kegler Family Entertainment Center.
22. Visit Wells’ Built Museum of African American History.
23. Hire i4 Limo so you can enjoy dinner and drinks your movie at the Enzian Theatre
24. Explore the city on the 3 ½-mile Cady Way Park and Trail.
25. Health conscious with a vegan meal and some delicious brew at Dandielion Communitea Café.
26. Visit Pioneer Museum and trace Osceola County’s history.
27. Enjoy 700 acres of wild Florida at Wekiwa Springs State Park.
28. Come and visit the Holocaust Memorial Center, one of the oldest Holocaust museums in the nation, founded in 1982.
29. Explore three miles of paved scenic walkways through 50 acres of Old Florida-styled gardens at Harry P. Leu Gardens.
30. Don’t have to go to Asia to try Vietnamese cuisine- try the finest at Little Saigon.
31. Visit Cornell Fine Arts Museum located on the Rollins College campus in Winter Park.
32. Tour the internationally acclaimed Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens.
33. Visit the Tupperware Museum of Historic Food Containers.
34. Hike through 5.22-acre Kraft Azalea Garden.
35. Play miniature golf at Congo River Adventure Golf and explore caves and waterfalls in a lush tropical environment.
36. Interact with animals at the Green Meadows Petting Farm.
37. Visit the Train Land International Trolley & Train Museum, with one of the nation’s largest indoor tracks.
38. Cook your own food at the table on a sizzling rock or in a boiling pot at Colorado Fondue.
39. Get close to Florida’s favorite reptile at Gatorland, the Alligator Capital of the World.
40. Walk, sit and dream under the sprawling old oak on Princeton Ave., believed to be around 800 years old.